Salesforce as a Data Source is supported starting from ETL Validator v3.4.5. ETL Validator uses a commercial JDBC driver from Simba for performing the data comparison and data quality tests. This article assumes that you already have ETL Validator v3.4.5 or later installed and setup in your computer.
Prereq: JDK 1.8 or later
Below are the steps for setting up a Salesforce connection from ETL Validator.
- Go to http://www.simba.com/drivers/salesforce-odbc-jdbc/ and download an Evaluation or Paid version of the Salesforce JDBC Driver . Desktop version is sufficient for the evaluation. After going through ordering process, it will show a screen to download the JDBC driver zip file "Simba_Salesforce_JDBC_Desktop.zip". A license file will be emailed to you automatically.
- Extract the JDBC drivers zip file "Simba_Salesforce_JDBC_Desktop.zip" and copy the following jar files shown into the ETL Validator Server Directory : C:\app\Datagaps\ETLValidator\Server\apache-tomcat-7.0.57\webapps\ETLValidatorServer\WEB-INF\lib
Go ahead and replace any existing files that were already found in the ETL Validator Server directory.
- Download and copy the license "SimbaSalesforceJDBCDriver.lic" file that was emailed to you from Simba into the ETL Validator Server directory : C:\app\Datagaps\ETLValidator\Server\apache-tomcat-7.0.57\webapps\ETLValidatorServer\WEB-INF\lib
- Restart ETL Validator Server from the Windows Services as shown below :
- Open ETL Validator Client and create a new Data Source connection using your Salesforce account as shown below:
Note: For password, please append the salesforce token as needed. Salesforce requires that the password to be of the format : <Your password><Saleforce token>
Connecting to Salesforce Sandbox Environment: To connect to the Salesforce Sandbox environment, an additional JDBC URL parameter needs to be passed. Use the 'Custom' option to connect to the Sandbox environment as shown below:For a sandbox system, set this property to the sandbox instance URL, along with other relevant connection details.