If you are using Single Signon for your BI Connection using Chrome as the browser, there is a possibility of encountering errors in BI Validator when your google Chrome browser is updated. Unlike IE, Chrome upgrades itself automatically (and frequently so) by default unless it is configured to do so otherwise.
Updating Chrome Driver in BI Validator Client
Below are the steps to download a specific version of Chromedriver and update it in your local instance of BI Validator.
- Download and Extract the latest Chrome Driver (or the specific version you are interested in) from the download site : https://sites.google.com/a/chromium.org/chromedriver/downloads
- Navigate to BI Validator installation directory which is typically : C:\app\Datagaps\BIValidator
- Remove or rename the file "ChromeDriverServer.zip"
- Open the folder "C:\app\Datagaps\BIValidator\ChromeDriverServer" and replace the file "chromedriver.exe" with the file in the extracted Chrome Driver download in step 1
- Navigate back to BI Validator installation directory "C:\app\Datagaps\BIValidator" and zip the directory "ChromeDriverServer". This should create a new zip file with the name "ChromeDriverServer.zip" in the folder "C:\app\Datagaps\BIValidator" as shown below :
Restart BI Validator Client
BI Validator automatically unzips the "ChromeDriverServer.zip" during the startup and uses it for Chrome driver. Hence, we need to make sure that the "ChromeDriverServer.zip" file also has the updated chromedriver.exe file
Updating Chrome Driver in BI Validator Server
The default installation directory for BI Validator Server is "C:\app\Datagaps\BIValidator\Server". The "ChromeDriverServer.zip" file and the "ChromeDriverServer" folder are located in the "Engine" folder in the BI Validator Server installation directory.
The steps for updating Chrome Driver in BI Validator Server are same with one additional caveat as listed below:
- Stop BI Validator Server process from the Windows Services.
- Follow the same process outlined in steps 1-5 for BI Validator Client above except that the working directory is "C:\app\Datagaps\BIValidator\Server\Engine"
- Navigate to the BI Validator Sever directory "C:\app\Datagaps\BIValidator\Server" and remove or rename the file "Engine.zip"
- Zip the "Engine" folder in the directory "C:\app\Datagaps\BIValidator\Server" into "Engine.zip"
- Restart BI Validator Server process from the Windows Services.
BI Validator Home Page : http://www.datagaps.com/bi-testing-tools/bi-validator