In a team environment, ETL Validator Server and Repository are deployed centrally so that they can accessed by multiple users. This enables sharing of test cases and test results between the team members.
ETL Validator Server/Reports can be installed in a windows or on a linux server. ETL Validator Server and Reports are available as WAR files that can be deployed in Tomcat 7 or later. Apache Tomcat 8 can be downloaded from the apache site: http://tomcat.apache.org/download-80.cgi
Steps to install and configure ETL Validator Server on a separate tomcat:
- Download and Install Apache Tomcat 7 or laterWhen Tomcat is installed in a windows environment, using the Windows Service Installer, it creates a windows service that runs as the Administrator user.
Deploy the ETL Validator Server war files listed below. These files are part of the ETL Validator Server download and are also found in ETL Validator Complete (C:\app\Datagaps\ETLValidator) :
To deploy just copy the above two war files into the <CATALINA_HOME>/webapps directory. The war files should automatically get extracted after they are placed. If not, restart tomcat.
- Configure the ETL Validator Server and Reports URL from the ETL Validator Client by navigating to the 'Admin Options' -> 'Configure Server'. The default port for Tomcat is 8080. So the ETL Validator Server and the Reports URL should of the format:
Depending on the Data Sources and the type of authentication being used (eg. SQL Server windows authentication), the owner of the tomcat windows service process may need to be changed. More details on the Data Source specific requirements are documented in the Knowledge posts below:
- Microsoft SQL Server : http://datagaps.freshdesk.com/solution/articles/1000222304-connecting-to-sql-server-using-windows-authentication
- IBM DB2 : http://datagaps.freshdesk.com/solution/articles/1000233257-connecting-to-different-flavors-of-ibm-db2-database
- Hadoop Hive : http://datagaps.freshdesk.com/solution/articles/1000222309-connecting-to-hadoop-hive-using-kerberos-authentication-