BI Validator Client comes with an embedded repository (PostgreSQL) that works fine for evaluation of the software or using it in a standalone mode. But often users want to collaborate and share test plans in a team environment. They also want to schedule test plans. For this we need to setup an Oracle or PostgreSQL repository centrally and configure BI Validator Server accordingly.
- An Oracle 11g or 12c database account. A sample script for creating the account is shown below:
CREATE USER BIValidator IDENTIFIED BY "BIValidator" DEFAULT TABLESPACE "USERS" TEMPORARY TABLESPACE "TEMP" PROFILE DEFAULT QUOTA UNLIMITED ON "USERS";
GRANT "CONNECT", "RESOURCE", CREATE SESSION, CREATE TABLE, CREATE VIEW, CREATE SEQUENCE, CREATE TRIGGER, CREATE PROCEDURE, CREATE TYPE TO BIValidator;
ALTER USER BIValidator DEFAULT ROLE NONE;
BI Validator makes use of the following system packages for test creating and execution in Oracle. So the repository database user will need 'Execute' privilege on them:
Recommended Table Space : 40 GB
- Start BI Validator Client and click on the plus sign to add a new repository in the login screen as shown below :
- Enter the Oracle repository connection information for the oracle database account with privileges as mentioned in the prerequisite above.
- Click on 'Test' to connect to the repository. If the connection is successful, BI Validator show a message asking to create the Repository tables automatically. One the repository scripts are executed, you can share with repository connection details with other users in your team so that they can connect to the same repository and share the Test Plans with you.
Both BI Validator Server and BI Validator Client have to be of the same version. Please contact support if you need the download location for the BI Validator Server. BI Validator Server is available only for windows - Windows Server, Windows 7/10. It can be installed on a VM or Physical machine.
- Starting from v2.9.5, BI Validator Server automatically comes with an embedded tomcat and Java. Download and install BI Validator Server in a Windows Server machine.
- Navigate to the BI Validator installation location and edit bivalidator.properties file to update the repository connection details as shown below for the Oracle Repository. The default location for this file is C:\app\Datagaps\BIValidator\Server\apache-tomcat\config.
org.quartz.dataSource.myDS.sid=<Oracle SID> or org.quartz.dataSource.myDS.servicename=<Oracle Service Name>
org.quartz.dataSource.myDS.RepName= <Repository name> (Name for your repository connection. Can be any string)
Restart BI Validator Server Tomcat from windows services as shown below and verify the repository connection by opening the reporting URL : http://localhost:6090/BIValidatorService/app/#/
Default UserName: admin
Default Password (encrypted) : 9D03kcEhuhOVXi7COmC6Kw==
- Open BI Validator Client and login to the Oracle repository where the server is configured to connect. Go to the "Admin->Settings->Manage Server" from the top right corner menu and make sure the port in the url is mentioned correctly. Restart BI Validator Client. Replace <localhost> with the host name of your BI Validator Server.
BI Validator Home Page : http://www.datagaps.com/bi-testing-tools/bi-validator